Booking Requirements

Community Centre Requirements

  • Multi Purpose room contract for the facility and kitchen no later than 3 months in advance with damage deposit.
  • Liquor License Permit required two weeks prior to event, if serving alcohol. Liability insurance naming City of Revelstoke as additional insured for $3,000,000 is required two weeks prior to event. Insurance for events can be accessed by visiting 
  • Serving it right number must be submitted two weeks prior to event.
  • Caterer information, food safe certificate number, Interior Health Food Service Permit two weeks in advance.
  • Scaffolding Waiver if using City scaffolding to set up the room.
  • Revelstoke Business License, if selling products.

*Any public event serving food, including vendors without a business license, must send in an application to Interior Health for a Temporary Food Service Permit.

MP Contract: This is the facility rental contract for the Recreation Centre which outlines the terms and conditions of your booking. With this, you will require a $250 damage deposit. If you are having alcohol at your function, you will need the first 3 documents listed above. (The documents that need to be attached to the contract can come in at separate times,  they do not need to be submitted all at once, but we do need them all at LEAST two –six weeks prior to the event).

Caterers/Bar: Once you decide on a caterer, we provide them with a kitchen tour and review their responsibilities as per the contract. We require food safe certificate numbers and or Serving it Right if there is alcohol involved. The caterers will have a separate contract and deposit they are to sign and be responsible for.

Set up and tear down Requirements                                                                                                                                There is an additional charge to set up the night before, and extra fees to hire for set up and tear down. (See fee schedule) We require floor plan at least a month in advance.

  • Floor plan is required for janitor request set up and tear down
  • If you are doing your own set up/tear down or have hired a decorating company, to secure all equipment necessary, we require your equipment needs no later than 2 weeks prior to the event.
  • Party must be done by 1:00am. Additional fees may otherwise incur.
  • See all additional requirements on contract .

Special Event on City Property: 

When hosting an event on City property a Special Event Permit for outdoor events must be completed. This form is available on line or at the front desk of the Community Centre. For the application visit our key forms and documents page - Special Event Permit.

Serving Alcohol:
The CAPE application (if having a public event serving alcohol) will need to be submitted 3 months in advance to ensure approval and all other documents required relate to this. This is your first stop when it comes to a public event involving alcohol. For the application visit our key forms and documents page - CAPE Application.

Fees and Charges for Events:
Please contact us for a quote on your event. 

Our staff is always willing to help guide you in the right direction to make your event run smoothly. All forms listed above are available at the front desk of the Revelstoke Community Centre and online through our Key Forms and Applications Page. Should you have any additional questions do no hesitate to contact us at anytime. We look forward working with you on your event.