Theme: "Bears Doing Silly Things"
Participating in this year’s Street Banner Program is a great way to highlight your creative talents and liven up our city streets. Everyone is welcome to participate! Banner painting is extremely easy to do especially with the guidance of our on-site artists at the Visual Arts Centre who will help coordinate and advise you. This is a great creative activity for adults, children, non-profit organizations, and businesses.
Banners are installed once the winter seasonal banners are taken down in early spring and are displayed until late Fall. Banners are displayed on city streets for everyone to enjoy.
Important Information for Participants:
This year’s Banner Program is all about Bears. Bears, bears everywhere! Think outside the box and be creative. We have some ideas to get your creative juices flowing. The program enrollment numbers will be limited this year to help us mitigate risks due to COVID-19.
What to DO:
Have simple designs:
o Having a simple easy to paint design will allow you to paint your banner in the time allocated (3 hours) .
o Your banner will be easy to see from the streets displaying the desired effect.
o The theme should stand out.
What NOT to DO:
Avoid small details, images, or text on your banner design:
o Small details and images are hard to see once hung and do not create the desired effect.
o Text is not permitted on banners (unless business) as the text will show backwards on 1 side.
o No logos. Business banners will have their business name pre painted on the bottom of the banners and ready for the banner design to be painted by the business or hired artist.
Important notes to be aware of:
- You must register in advance at the community centre.
- Numbers are limited so only those registered are to arrive to paint at the Visual Arts Centre.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by 1 adult. (Please adhere to this so we may maintain capacity regulations)
- If you need to confirm or change your painting date, please call the community centre at 250-837-9351 #3.
- IMPORTANT To keep the program running smoothly and on time, it is critical for painters to arrive and finish on time within the three hours time slot.
- Once the banners are taken down, they are delivered to the Revelstoke Community Centre. The contacts name and number given at registration will be called for banner pick up.
REMEMBER TO SIGN YOUR BANNER!