Service Delivery Updates
August 2, 2019
Thank you for your continued support and patience during this time. We recognize how important and necessary service delivery is to our community and are doing everything possible to continue to provide the best possible service to our residents. Below is an update outlining the efforts of several City departments
Interim Building Services Support
- A Registered Building Official will be assisting the City with building services permit reviews remotely.
- A Registered Building Official has been retained for building and business license inspection services weekly.
- The process to use certificates for Part 9 field review and compliance is in process. The City will review BP applications for issuance and then the contractor/builder will have three options on how to proceed with registered professionals for field review and compliance. The certificates and/or letters of assurances will be submitted to the City. The City will review the information ensure compliance with BC Building code prior to issuing occupancies. This process will be uploaded to the City webpage shortly and any questions can be directed to Director of Development Services.
Bylaw Enforcement Officer
- A short-list has been completed for the full-time Bylaw Compliance Officer and interviews are expected to start in the following week.
- The City retained two contracted Planners to assist with daily applications as well as Council’s priority of updating the Official Community Plan.
- Development Services is very excited to welcome Rachel Mandel as the full-time Development Services Clerk and Meg Irving and Treanna Woods as casual Development Service to assist with the extra workload.
- Recruitment for a Senior Planner is on-going.
- The Director of Development Services will be interviewing for Planner 1 next week.
- A short-list has been completed by an external Executive Search Recruiting Company Recruitment for a Director of Engineering and Public Works and interviews are expected to start in the next couple weeks.
- The City continues to use outside engineering firms for third party review on larger projects.
- Interviews are underway for the Climate Change Coordinator position funded through the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM).
For more information, please contact:
• Dawn Low, Interim Chief Administrative Officer – 250-837-2911
• Marianne Wade, Director of Development Services – 250-837-3637