- City Services
- Parks, Recreation, and Culture
Parks, Recreation, and Culture
Effective August 25th, the Revelstoke Community & Aquatic Centre will be updating our covid measures as per the public health order.
To maintain a healthy and safe environment for our citizens, visitors and employees, the City of Revelstoke will enforce a number of protective measures.
Some of the updated protective measures include:
- Masks are now mandatory in all indoor public spaces.
- Residents are asked to not enter any City facility if you are feeling ill.
- Physical barriers and directional traffic flow will remain in place.
- Meeting room capacities have been reduced and safety plans are required for all bookings.
Proof of Vaccination Requirements
For those visiting City of Revelstoke Facilities effective September 13th, 2021 proof of vaccination will be required via the Vaccine Card for certain discretionary activities as outlined by the provincial government.
Some cases that WILL require proof are:
- Fitness Centre drop-in/members. These users must show proof at reception prior to entering the fitness centre facility.
- For those attending an event where 50+ people are attending (e.g. weddings, banquets, and sporting events)
- For those 22+ years registering in a program. Proof will be requested when registering or prior to first class
- Organized adult (22+ years) recreation or sport activities (e.g. curling, adult hockey)
In addition to these changes and until further notice, masks are still required within all public indoor spaces.
Proof of vaccination WILL NOT be required for:
- Any youth activity (under 12 years)
- General pool use (special events and privately booked parties will require proof)
- Public skating
- Youth sports or activities (under 22 years) as well as spectators/support people for the same. Please note: The spectator area of the aquatic centre is currently closed.
- Any services at City Hall (e.g. pay a fee or submit a permit)
- Services for those in need
Implementing the BC Vaccine Card is required to comply with legislation. Please note that the details in the PHO are still being clarified in some cases. We request patience and understanding as we fully implement these new requirements at our facilities. We will continue directly communicating with our organized sport groups and facility user groups so they can be fully prepared for what this means for their specific activities.
If you have questions about how this public health order affects your specific activities, please contact us at 250-837-9351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the proof of vaccination requirements as well as information on how to get vaccinated, please visit the following resources.
- Proof of vaccination - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
- Vaccines for COVID-19: How to get vaccinated or register - Canada.ca
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we navigate our way through these new procedures.